Action Packed activity at the Kenya Coast last December
I have never been great at lying on sunbeds and it turns out, neither are my family. 6 nights at Watamu beach just was not enough time to pack in all the activities we wanted to cover. I promised myself x2 weeks next time, but whether that ever happens remains to be seen.
This December the weather at the coast was hot, hot, hot. In the briefest of 5 days:
- One daughter did a skydive, leaping out of a plane at 10,500 feet, to land on the white sand beach (through Kenya skydivers with whom I entrusted my daughter’s life!) – Tandem Jump on Youtube
- Another kite surfed (thank you to the fantastic Tribe Watersports)
- My husband kite surfed too..
- The youngest kneeboarded on the Mida Creek *(so did I?! Much to the amusement of the Dhow sundowners passengers)
- We all snorkelled
- And I went to Malindi to shop……. but that is a whole other story..
Read more about how the Kenya coastal landscape has changed radically with Stand up Paddle boarding (SUP), skydiving, quad biking, kitesurfing here: